The 6th February 2022 kicks off the celebrations for The Platinum Jubilee of Elizabeth II! But this is just the start of a fun-filled Royal year!
Expect Union Jack flags across the country and heaps of celebrations!
Queen Elizabeth II is a record breaking monarch and this year will be a reflection of her service to the people of the United Kingdom, the realms and the Commonwealth.
If you’re a content creator, freelancer or small business, it’s worth thinking how this historic event fits into your year. This is all about community and 10 million people across the country are expected to take part.
Ask yourself: Is it possible you can create content, products or services that might tie in with this wonderful year?
What to Think About for your Platinum Jubilee Marketing Strategy
- How to plan the Platinum Jubilee into your calendar as consumer behaviour will change from previous years.
- We may be looking for more entertainment, more flags, more fancy dress, more tablecloths, more food and drink than previous years.
- Depending on your business, shoppers may be around more or less – so plan accordingly.
- How you can connect with your audience at this time.
- Can you create content that is on brand for your business, inspires others and fits with the theme?
- Think recipes, regal outfits, lifestyle products which fit the theme, garden party ready furniture, special Platinum Jubilee offers.
- How the Platinum Jubilee has affected you.
- A piece of content simply on how you’re inspired by the Queen could be super effective.
- You may have incredible stories connected to the Royal Family so this is a wonderful time to tell them. If you’ve ever been to Buckingham Palace or received a letter from the Queen, it makes a fantastic story and adds to the narrative!
Here’s the quick facts to help you prepare:
- Sunday 6 February 2022 marks the 70th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II on 6 February 1952
- Celebrations actually start on 2 June 2022 and carry through to Sunday 5 June 2022
- The May Bank Holiday is moving to Thursday 2 June 2022
- We get an EXTRA Bank Holiday on Friday 3 June 2022
- On Sunday 5 June 20022, expect The Big Jubilee Lunch with street parties up and down the country
- Celebrations will take part throughout the year with the Platinum Pudding Competition https://www.fortnumandmason.com/platinum-pudding and also the The Queen’s Green Canopy
The Platinum Jubilee: The Dates
Thursday 12 – Sunday 15 May 2022:
The Platinum Jubilee Celebration will see over 500 horses and 1,000 performers create a 90-minute piece of arena theatre.
Thursday 2 June 2022:
The Queen’s Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour)
Platinum Jubilee Beacons
Friday 3 June 2022:
Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral
Saturday 4 June 2022:
The Derby at Epsom Downs
Platinum Party at the Palace (details of a ballot for the public to attend announced soon)
Sunday 5 June 2022:
The Big Jubilee Lunch
The Platinum Jubilee Pageant
More Information about The Platinum Jubilee Events:
For more information: https://www.royal.uk/platinum-jubilee-central-weekend
Resources for the Big Jubilee Lunch https://www.edenprojectcommunities.com/the-big-jubilee-lunch
Plant a tree for the Jubilee https://queensgreencanopy.org